KTS Trailed sprayer
Available with 4000, 5000, and 6000-litre tanks, 18-30 metre twin-fold or 30-40m triple-fold booms, and a suite of advanced features. (Export only)
The KTS Trailed Sprayer is only available for export customers. If you're a UK customer looking for a high-quality trailed Sprayer, please call our sales team on +44 (0)1452 863900 for more information on the machines we can offer.
Tough and reliable twin-fold booms
Kellands’ tried and trusted twin-fold boom has been developed to offer superb long term durability and boom ride. Constructed from steel and featuring a durable triangular design, it can withstand the most challenging spraying conditions.
Finished using a tough powder coat paint and stainless steel fastenings, the booms are highly corrosion resistant.
- Triple stage boom suspension for bounce, tilt and yaw
- Level spraying platform for accurate chemical application across the boom width
- Smooth and stable ride protects the boom from fatigue and damage
Productive triple-fold booms
Developed in 2004 to enhance spraying productivity, Kellands’ triple-fold boom is proven in the field and has helped hundreds of customers maximise their crop-growing potential through fewer crop wheelings, minimised compaction and more timely spray applications.
Folding in three sections, the boom is compact in the travelling position and allows operators to spray at three different widths.
Contour boom levelling
Ultrasonic sensors mounted on the boom enable the machine to automatically follow the contours of the ground without the need for continuous adjustment from the operator.
Booms fitted with independent boom tilt also benefit from the headland lift facility. The system automatically raises each side of the boom when the master spray switch is turned off, protecting the boom as the sprayer travels around the headland. Once the spray switch is turned on again the boom returns to its normal spraying position.
- Enhances spraying accuracy by maintaining a consistent boom height
- Minimises operator fatigue
- Increases comfort
Designed to cope with the toughest field conditions, the innovative stepped design allows the stainless steel tank to sit low into the chassis reducing the centre of gravity. Baffles inside the tank reduce the amount of liquid moving from side to side further improving stability while at the same time preventing liquid surge when braking sharply on the road.
For extra ground clearance to minimise crop damage, a continental hitch can be specified across the range.
Strength and durability
- Robust stainless steel tank
- The sprayer and boom can be drained rapidly via a series of quick-release draining points. Anti-freeze is not required since all liquid can be drained from the machine saving time and expense
- Hydraulic axle braking is fitted as standard
- Load-compensating air brakes are available as an option
- A steering axle has been fitted with a hydraulically engaged axle-locking system operated from the cab, adding an extra level of safety and security especially when towing at speed
- High-performance pump
- Low profile tank design enhances stability
- Baffles within the tank prevent liquid surge under braking and when spraying on sloping ground
- 35-litre stainless steel chemical induction hopper
- High-pressure Venturi
- Optional spring-off, air-open, air shutoff valves enable extremely rapid spray response times when the whole boom or an individual boom section is switched on or off.
- Dual nozzle bodies hold Multi Rate fertiliser jets without the need to fit an additional spray line
- Accurate headland turns achieved using a tracking axle system.
- Precise measurements are made of the tractor’s turning angle, and the system adjusts the sprayer wheels to follow perfectly behind the rear tractor wheels
- A steering axle improves stability compared to steering draw bar alternatives.
- When turning, the points of balance - the two wheels, and the pick hitch - do not move ensuring the centre of gravity is unaffected, making the machine more stable than sprayers using the steering draw bar system
- Operators can set the target application rate and the unique display helps select the right spray tip for the application.
- Once spraying begins, the display shows the application rate, volume sprayed, system pressure, sprayer speed, and area covered
- The built-in planning tool automatically displays the speed needed to achieve the target rate with the specified tip and will calculate the pressure necessary for achieving the target application rate when the speed is entered
- Available with advanced Muller control systems as an option.
- Triple nozzle bodies facilitate quick and convenient nozzle changes.
- Quin-outlet nozzles available as an option
- Quick-connectors ensure rapid connection and disconnection to the tractor releasing it for other uses throughout the year.
- Two 5-way rotary valves - one for liquid suction source, the other for liquid destination - allow the operator to control every spraying function from tank fill to tank rinse
- An easy-access filter is mounted for easy cleaning on the boom carriage
|Chassis and axle
Rigid towbar with hook pickup and stowage point for drawbar stand
Tank access platform with steps
Hydraulically braked axle with parking brake (1.93m (76") hub to hub)
12v air compressor
Load compensating air suspension (3 airbags)
Automatic tracking axle
Hydraulically operated axle lock
Height and width adjustable mudguards
Twin storage lockers
LED road traffic lights
|Stainless steel tank||
Choice of 4000, 5000 and 6000-litre tank volume
500-litre clean water tank
25-litre hand wash tank
Dry sight gauge
Dual tank rinse nozzles
Adjustable tank agitation system
Choice of 18-30m twin-fold, 30-40m triple-fold
Independent boom levelling (Standard on triple-fold booms, optional on twin-fold booms)
Electro hydraulic control of boom lift, tilt, independent tilt and fold
3/4inch or 1inch stainless steel spray line, nominal bore
50cm nozzle spacing
Triple nozzle bodies
Spray line prime and purge
Electric ball valve boom section shutoff
Manually controlled boom sections 4-10 (Twin-fold boom); 6-10 (Triple-fold boom)
Automatically controlled boom sections (if fitted) 4-20 (Twin-fold boom); 6-20 (Triple-fold boom)
Hydraulically driven centrifugal pump (650 litres/min)
35 litre stainless steel chemical hopper with spinning can rinse optic
Rotary suction and pressure control valves
Pressure filtration system with isolation valve and flushing valve
Retractable hose reel and wash gun
Pump inlet with male quick release coupler and blanking cap
RDS Delta 34i rate controller (Pressure sensor)
Boom, steering and pump command box
|Weights and dimensions||
Ground clearance under axle: 0.86m
Unladen weight: 4.64-5.29 tonnes depending on boom configuration and tank size)